Coordinating teacher : Claudia Mariano
The course is open to a maximum of 10 candidates of any nationality who are at least 18 years old at the time of application.
2. Purpose of the course
The course is aimed at the specialization within the opera and music productions of opera coach (rèpètiteur, master stage collaborator, master suggestor, tech/lighting assistant, di-rector of the stage band); it includes lessons combined with an intense work experience within the productions of the Teatro Coccia of Novara, which allows you to live the direct experience of the stage.
The course will take place at the Teatro Coccia in Novara and will be divided into several not continuous periods starting from November 2022 to October 2024. The lessons will be planned in accordance with the theater’s schedule, with particular attention to musical theater productions and alongside with other courses’ classes. In case of course’s interrup-tion "due to force majeure" we will proceed with Distance Learning mode through the ded-icated online platform for theoretical lessons, while practical lessons and work experience periods will be postponed.
The annual course will be divided in 23 days of theoretical and practical lessons and 50 days of work experience*. The program is aimed at the realization of a repertoire opera, an operetta, a contemporary work and a opera gala featured in the 2022 season.
The selected students will receive a cachet that will be communicated at the time of selection.
The course also offers students the opportunity to participate as rèpètiteur in the Rossini Lab, a course reserved for singers who wish to deepen and study the Rossinian repertoire, and to take part in the Rossinian production within the playbill of the Teatro Coccia, completing the training plan with *15 days of additional work experience. The project is realized in col-laboration with the European Opera Academy and the "Rossini" Foundation of Pesaro.
The calendar of meetings will be shared after the outcome of admission. The calendar may be subject to changes that will be promptly communicated to students.
5. Application procedure for selection
In order to be admitted to the selection, piano competence is required (corresponding to a level of at least three years or two years of conservatory, even if you do not have the corre-sponding certification yet), a good knowledge of harmony, counterpoint and musical thea-ter repertoire. It will be necessary to send by e-mail (subject of the e-mail "AMO - CORSO MAESTRO COL-LABORATORE") the following documents:
- Completed application form (attachment A) with photocopy F/R of your ID and fis-cal code;
*For foreigners is also required to send documents of stay;
- Detailed educational and artistic curriculum;
- Video of 2 opera pieces of free choice, at least one of which must be an ensemble scene (duet, trio, quartet, scene with chorus) and at least one of the proposed piec-es must be in Italian. In both pieces the candidate must play and hint at the singing parts with the voice. Videos must be sent with a link to YouTube with date and place of recording;
- Receipt of payment by bank transfer in favour of Fondazione Teatro Carlo Coccia di Novara IBAN IT 80 X 05034 10100 000000042424 of the application fee of € 40,00 (IVA includ-ed).
Students who have passed the pre-selection through video material will be able to partici-pate in the live audition to be held at the Teatro Coccia in Novara in the first two weeks of November 2021.
For the live audition candidates must present:
1. An aria or scene from Rossini's repertoire
A scene of your choice from the following works:
- G. Puccini: La Bohéme
- G. Verdi: Il Trovatore
- W. A. Mozart: Don Giovanni
The candidate is expected to play and hint at the singing parts with the voice.
1. Performance of a contemporary work scene and a melologue for piano and voice delivered to suitable candidates two weeks before the audition.
2. Extemporaneous accompaniment test: the candidate must show his/her ability to accompany one or more singers in the performance of arias and/or duets from the repertoire.
7. Deadlines and time limits
- by and no later than 24:00 GMT+1 on September 29, 2022 the applications for admis-sion, accompanied by what is indicated in point 5, must be sent to the e-mail ad-dress firstname.lastname@example.org
- by the first days of October, 2022 suitable candidates will be notified of the date and time of the audition by e-mail;
- in October 2022 the auditions will be held at the Teatro Coccia in Novara;
- at the end of the auditions the names of the candidates admitted to the course will be communicated.
8. Costs and conditions to participation
The annual course fee for admitted students is € 1.200,00 (IVA included), including teaching handouts and scores of the works of the training plan.
The participation fee must be paid in 4 installments of € 300,00 each by bank transfer in fa-vor of Fondazione Teatro Carlo Coccia di Novara IBAN IT 80 X 05034 10100 000000042424 and sending the receipt of payment to the e-mail address email@example.com
Deadline 4 installments: 1/12/2022 – 12/01/2023 – 23/02/2023 – 06/04/2023
It is specified that if the installments are not regularly paid within the specified time, will be interrupted attendance at the course.
The costs of food and acomodation will be at the expense of the students, who can benefit of the agreements that Teatro Coccia Foundation has entered into with hotels and restau-rants in the city.
It is necessary to assure attendance at the course for both theoretical-practical hours and for work experiences that requires an active participation by all the students of the course. Any needs that may partially compromise participation in the lessons and productions must be communicated to the secretariat of the Academy.
The students will have the opportunity, thanks to a special membership, to participate as an audience to all the performances of the Teatro Coccia season.